Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day #1




Full Day #1 in the Philippines:

Yesterday was great despite the tiredness, and the kids from San Pedro are so wonderful! We played games with them for their "sports fest" after we had a devotional. I met also many church people (the church youth group put on the sports fest), who are all also amazing. I bonded with this little kid, Inem or "Nem," who was very mischevious and so darn cute, verdad?

Ate at McDonalds for lunch (we got there by literally walking a path in the jungle to a long ladder and climbed over a wall and landed in the concrete gas station parking lot...so hilarious), and the mall for dinner at an Italian place. My supervisor Katie, an American from Michigan, says she eats more fast food her than in the States, but I hope to eat more locally. t's so tropical here and reaaaaaally humid. But not too too bad so far.

Well, today I'm off to an English church (1 hour commute) and then to the Ayala Filippino History Museum. It's amazing to be on overload absorbing and learning every second I pass something new, although hopefully the jet lag will wear off soon so my brain won't completely fry.

More pictures to come...

6 comments:

  1. so cool! can't wait to hear all of your stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kk, this is so amazing.

    i'm looking forward to following your journey in the philippines. enjoy my homeland for me! (how sad is it that i've never even been to my own country!? others, but not even my own. womp!)

    soak up the culture and soak up the people -- we have lots to share with you!

    i'm so excited for you.
    keep the blogs & pics cominn!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting my daily dose of international adventure :)
    love
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH so exciting :)
    I look forwad to the KK stories
    tqm mi naka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ay que lastima...Mcdonald's..I can't believe it. Well I can..but hopefully the menu is a little more exotic...take pics of the food you are eating so we can see!

    Love Nem..he is adorable..he's going to be your little Philipino Pepino! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, did you meet your host family yet? I want to hear all about them!!!

    SKYPE
    SKYPE
    SKYPE
    SKYPE
    SKEYPSSKEPEYSPEPEYPSKEYEPSEKEYSEPSOPSPOEISUYESPOSEUFOSIEUAFLKSEJF


    SKYPE

    ReplyDelete